• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

Windows New Sticky Notes Version Won't Close Altogether Anymore?

I use Window's version of Sticky Notes and before it's update happened, I would be able to minimize all of the sticky notes I had to the task bar and see my desktop and it's program icons etc. Now the newest version won't let me close the sticky notes altogether or at all. How can I get this fixed or is there a better alternative out there like sticky notes for Windows?

Lord Chance

iHelpForum Jester & Door Greeter
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Welcome Babe101. What version of Windows are you using? Forgive me but I know very little about Sticky Notes but doing a search for alternatives it seems there are several. Whether they are suitable to your needs I could not say. While we wait for others to chime in, here are some alternatives for you too look at. :)

1. Stickies
  2. 7 Sticky Notes
  3. PNotes
  4. Simple Sticky Notes
  5. StickyPad
There are paid versions but I kept to freeware for now. Your problem may stem from a broken version of Sticky Notes or If the issue occurred after a Windows Update the fix may be as simple as doing an update of Sticky Notes. :)

Lord Chance

iHelpForum Jester & Door Greeter
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
After doing a bit of research I have found there is indeed a problem with the Sticky Notes App. The recommended fix at this time is to install the previous version. While I dislike this recommendation it appears justified. Please check the installed version number, backup the StickyNotes.snt file if you have notes you wish to keep then reinstall the previous version of Sticky Notes. You may also check the Microsoft App Store for an updated version and see if that fixes the issue. :)