• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

win64bit and Revo

Cameldung

I Like It Here
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Always been a Revo free fan and setting up a new pc. Is Revo free ok on 64bit, or are there better freebies available for 64bit? Thanks

Revos site seems to indicate that you need the pro version for 64bit?

Belahzur

Freedom Fighter
Security Advisor
iHF Regular
It wont make any difference, x64 will use x86 emulation.

Cameldung

I Like It Here
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
It wont make any difference, x64 will use x86 emulation.
Hi, and thanks for the response. I'm aware that 32 bit programs will run in 64 bit systems, but I guess what Im asking is, will revo free clean (uninstall) stuff from 64 bit as well, eg, from both 32 and 64bit program file folders?

Last edited:

Belahzur

Freedom Fighter
Security Advisor
iHF Regular
Yeah, free Revo will still work the same. There's not a whole lot of difference between specific x64 installs of programs other than a few register differences and file/folder location.

Cameldung

I Like It Here
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Yeah, free Revo will still work the same. There's not a whole lot of difference between specific x64 installs of programs other than a few register differences and file/folder location.
Hi, and thank you for that, exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks again:mrgreen:

Lord Chance

iHelpForum Jester & Door Greeter
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Hi there

I experience the same issue with DreamAquarium running on Win 7 64 bit when the computer is locked: when DA is showing on one screen, the other is black, and it alternates at a frequency of about 1 Hz.
From your post I assume you are using dual monitors. From what I can glean from some research Dream Aquarium has issues with the dual monitor setup. Depending on the GPU and driver set DA can glitch in strange ways. Is there a fix? I haven't seen anything positive in the DA forums. It may be possible to tweek your dual monitor settings. FYI, The monitor that shows black is not receiving a proper signal from the GPU. The 1Hz is the GPU trying to keep the monitor awake. This is probably due to DA not sending the proper command set to the computer. :)