• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

Information The semaphore timeout period has expired

Hi Guys
im trying to move some folders from one drive to another but i keep getting the same above message, there's no problem with space
Another thing my pc takes an absolute ages to reboot or start up

cheers

aaant

Lord Chance

iHelpForum Jester & Door Greeter
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Hi Guys
im trying to move some folders from one drive to another but i keep getting the same above message, there's no problem with space
Another thing my pc takes an absolute ages to reboot or start up

cheers
G'day Mate. Are you using Windows 10? There is a possibility that you may have corrupted files making your PC slow to boot. That could also cause the error you are encountering with transferring files. See if the solutions on this site helps. How to Fix “The semaphore timeout period has expired” error code 0x80070079 on Windows 10?

Transferring large files or large amounts of file can cause this error to occur when you have outdated network drivers, incorrect HDD entries and even your Firewall or Antivirus can be a factor. Give the site a look to see if something there might help. :)