• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

Standing Rib Roast

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Sacrifice some of my 12 year old bourbon to make a glaze for that rib roast Mate. Truly that would be an honorable sacrifice. :mrgreen:
Make sure that there is only a bit of pinky bellow left in the middle of the roast, none of this tv reality chef style cooking where the whole lot would be raw except for the outside layer that would be charred.

I would like a taste of your bourbon thankee.

Lord Chance

iHelpForum Jester & Door Greeter
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Too right Mate. Slow cook the roast. As old as I am I want the meat to jump off the bone. :lol:
Bourbon Glaze
  • 1 cup bourbon
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup ketchup
  • 2 tablespoons Braggs (or worcestershire sauce)
  • 1/2 lemon, juice only
  • 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
  • Big pinch of salt and pepper

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Too right Mate. Slow cook the roast. As old as I am I want the meat to jump off the bone. :lol:
Bourbon Glaze
  • 1 cup bourbon
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup ketchup
  • 2 tablespoons Braggs (or worcestershire sauce)
  • 1/2 lemon, juice only
  • 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
  • Big pinch of salt and pepper
Looks a goodly brew, I would have to swap the sugar out for a artificial sweetener called Stevia though.

Lord Chance

iHelpForum Jester & Door Greeter
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Looks a goodly brew, I would have to swap the sugar out for a artificial sweetener called Stevia though.
The brown sugar is important to the taste of the glaze Arctos. I can tell you it won't taste the same. If you use it as a brush on glaze you will only use less than half of the mixture. That mixture will cover a big roast. or two. ;)

DCiAdmin

Always room to learn a bit more
Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
Bear,

That is an amazing standing rib roast! I hope it was as wonderful as it looks!

DCiAdmin

Always room to learn a bit more
Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
I fear to think of the expense of such a lovely cut though. For every good thing, there is a balance, right? ;)

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
I fear to think of the expense of such a lovely cut though. For every good thing, there is a balance, right? ;)
Probably cost around $50.00 here in Oz, the days of us eating beef like that ended when we had to start paying for meat after I left the meat industry.

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Love that knife! That's quite a beaut!
I got it to replace one of my old butchers knives that broke before xmas. I snapped the blade of close to the handle, I was a bit p!ssed off about it as it was about fourty years old.

That one is made in New Zealand and cost me $35.00 which is not a bad price to pay here.