• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

Samsung Finger Print Recognition

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Just set this up on my phone, I was a bit concerned about my fingers and thumbs. They are scarred from my days in the meat industry either from knife cuts to bone nicks, plus I had both of my hands burnt when I was little kid.

It took a little while to get to 100% done, but got there in the end with my thumb, sure is easier than putting in a pin number all the time.

This is the link I followed with while doing it.

http://www.samsung.com/nz/support/m...7-fingerprint-how-do-i-register-fingerprints/

LoneWolf_53

Cap'n Crunch
iHF Master Craftsman
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 phone which unlocks using my fingerprints, truth be told it's annoying as all getout since it only works about half the time.
Wash your hands and it won't work, get sweaty it won't work, and often times it doesn't appear to require a reason as it'll just not work, and repeatedly tell me to wipe the scanner or enter my PIN.
To me it's much more of an annoyance than a convenience.

Lord Chance

iHelpForum Jester & Door Greeter
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 phone which unlocks using my fingerprints, truth be told it's annoying as all getout since it only works about half the time.
Wash your hands and it won't work, get sweaty it won't work, and often times it doesn't appear to require a reason as it'll just not work, and repeatedly tell me to wipe the scanner or enter my PIN.
To me it's much more of an annoyance than a convenience.
That brings back memories LW. One of the last jobs I did was install a security suite that included a fingerprint scanner. The scanner was good but there were certain people that it had trouble with. I fought for weeks with that scanner. Finally I convinced the manufacturer to send their engineer out to help me. We had to adjust the algorithm to be less precise with fingerprint mapping. We also had to adjust the optics for the scanner to a broader focus to achieve more reference points. That scanner alone cost $17,000 USD and Samsung expects you to believe that their little gadget will be bullet proof. :lol:

LoneWolf_53

Cap'n Crunch
iHF Master Craftsman
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Initially I had a problem with my right thumb I was using, I tested my blood on that thumb with a lancing device and it must have changed the pattern a bit. All good now with my right index finger, which I do not do tests from.
Huh? :eek:
You're not supposed to test anywhere other than what you see when you put your hands together, which means not anywhere that would be viewed by a scanner. I poke the heck out of the sides and tips of my fingers/thumbs.

LoneWolf_53

Cap'n Crunch
iHF Master Craftsman
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
That's just plain mean and masochistic. LOL
I have my T2 under control, bgl are down to an average of 5.5 mmol/l, lost a bit of weight, through a lower carb diet and eating to the meter.

I had a blood tests done this week, and my hba1c was 5.3% / 34 mmol/mol down from 7.4% / 57 mmol/mol 18 months ago.