• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

Robo Calls.

Lord Chance

iHelpForum Jester & Door Greeter
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Do you get the annoying Robo Calls? Everyone knows old LC has nothing better to do than sit and think so he has come up with a way to get the Phone companies to pay attention to our problem. From now on I will set up my call forwarding feature with the phone companies corporate headquarters phone number. If you are not in my phones contact list, (BOOM) your call is forwarded. Lets see how long it takes them to take notice. :devil::roflmao:

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
I have most of them blocked on my mobile, with the Samsung J5 Pro there is a setting to block calls that are not in your contact list. On my two land lines both voip services I have caller id set up, if I do not recognise the number, I just hit the silent button on the phone and do not answer it.

If you want to get fair dinkum and p!ss them off setup "It's Lenny" on your server, use that pie thingy you got with asterix.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/...ny-the-internets-favorite-telemarketing-troll

Lenny recordings.

https://www.soundboard.com/sb/itslenny

Lord Chance

iHelpForum Jester & Door Greeter
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
I have most of them blocked on my mobile, with the Samsung J5 Pro there is a setting to block calls that are not in your contact list. On my two land lines both voip services I have caller id set up, if I do not recognise the number, I just hit the silent button on the phone and do not answer it.

If you want to get fair dinkum and p!ss them off setup "It's Lenny" on your server, use that pie thingy you got with asterix.
My landline is a POTS line so I can't use any of the spam services out there. It doesn't really matter because I have my answering machine set to screen my calls. Just leave a message and I'll call you back. (Maybe?) As for my cell phones, you have to get on my contact list or I just don't answer. I just like the idea of forwarding those bloody calls so the phone company can share in my misery. I think I may even forward the calls to my House and Senate Rep as well.:lol:

Thanks for the laugh Arctos. You just made me a Lenny fan. That was just too funny Mate. :roflmao: