• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

Netflix

DCiAdmin

Always room to learn a bit more
Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
I haven't tried House of Cards, either. I hear great things though.

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
We watched the first three episodes of House of Cards yesterday, I can see why people are hooked on it.

Like the way Frank Underwood talks to the viewer as if you were there with him, looking forwards to watching more of them.

Watch the episode 21 / 4 of The Blacklist, a friend tells me that there will be a fifth series made.

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Last edited:

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Had a email from Netfix this morning, my monthly subscription price has gone up by $2.00 to $14.00 a month.

Making Netflix even better

Hi Don,

In order to deliver you the best entertainment experience, your price will increase to $13.99 on Wednesday, 9 August 2017, in part due to a new tax in Australia. You'll continue to have unlimited access to what you want, when you want, on any device. We’ll keep bringing you more options based on what you like to watch and adding features that make Netflix even more fun to enjoy, like offline viewing.

We're here to help if you need it. Visit the Help Centre for more info or contact us.

–The Netflix Team
Still less than the price of a beer a week, and bügger the government gst tax. :meh:

Lord Chance

iHelpForum Jester & Door Greeter
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
It's a Goods and Services Tax @ 10%.

Local big business retailers who suckhole / kiss the NLP coalition government arse lobbied for it as they were whining that people were buying from overseas cheaper than they sold the same products.

It is already in with Google Play Store, Amazon etc.
It's a nappy load of shyte Arctos. Import taxes and freight fees make overseas products cost more. If retailers would price their product fairly instead of by the profit margin then there would be no problem. I competed for the money and found that if I could sell lower with more volume I made more money. I didn't have stock holders demanding their cut. :caution:

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
The funny part of it is that you can still buy stuff from Amazon cheaper than Harvey Norman a major whiny retailer here in Australia. Jerry Harvey is always crying poor, miserable sod.

I used to buy quite a bit of stuff from Amazon UK such as dvd and blue ray box sets. They were a lot cheaper even with the freight charge, and delivered within a week, can't get that from the retailers here.

I still get ebooks from Amazon for my Kindle reader though.

Lord Chance

iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
If you are as big as Amazon then you have the infrastructure to sell cheap. Most items on Amazon is either cheap made or knockoffs. These items can be bought dirt cheap and sold at a slightly higher price to offset a lower price for the good stuff. Volume and spreading the cost. Also like Fleabay they sell what is called old new stock. Stuff they get for tuppence and sell at below retail. I made a good living selling with a low profit margin. My customers came back to buy more so I sold volume. It worked for me. :)

DCiAdmin

Always room to learn a bit more
Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
Narcos series three started on the first of September.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80025172

Edit: I fixed the header title up as it was missing a l, wonder why our eagle eyed mods did not pick that one up? :arghh:
The mind expects to see something and will fill in missing letters as needed. Dang, though. I thought I was able to see beyond my mind filling in the blanks.

Lord Chance

iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
The mind expects to see something and will fill in missing letters as needed. Dang, though. I thought I was able to see beyond my mind filling in the blanks.
It is a defense against those who can't spell, who have sticky keys or like me with a keyboard that has dead keys. I refuse to replace that keyboard until I have totally destroyed all of them. :D