• Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

Jibberish

Gallorg

iHF Regular
ok im showing im on IE9, my favourites dont seem to work, which is odd as it finds my homeoage ok.
if i go back to IE11 will that rectify the favourites problem

Gallorg

iHF Regular
Ok tried upgrading IE 11 but with no luck, got this message
"set up could not verify instalation files, make sure cryptographic service is running on computer"

Just had a message saying windows wants to do a update, i'll restart & let you know what happened.

At the moment i dont have IE at all

cheers

Gallorg

iHF Regular
right, windows updated something no idea what though, tried to get on IE but all im geting is my Favourites bar the rest of the screen is blank:banghead:. Im using firefox at the moment:eek:

Last edited:

DCiAdmin

Always room to learn a bit more
Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
Gallorg,

Do you have a System Restore point available prior to downgrading to IE10? If so, please use it.

Gallorg

iHF Regular
Right problem, i have only restore points for yesterday although for some reason i got one from 2010 should i use that

I dont really want to mess this pc even mor

DCiAdmin

Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
No, please don't use the restore point from 2010. I'll do some searching. It's late for you. Come back tomorrow and see what I've found. That will give me the time I need to research.

DCiAdmin

Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
Ta Da! I found the answer to the error you are getting when attempting to reinstall IE. Please see this site.

And possibly even easier with this Microsoft FixIt that sounds appropriate to your situation.

Last edited:

Gallorg

iHF Regular
OMG, just contacted Microsoft Support & they want for remote access $99, however the are sending me a email with links that should help me.

DCiAdmin

Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
The FixIt didn't get it? Will continue searching. Did the error remain the same? Important to know as that's what I'm searching to fix during reinstall of IE 11.

Gallorg

iHF Regular
I dont know how i did it but after a couple of hours of messing around ive managed to get back to IE11o_O
Dont ask me how:wtf:

DCiAdmin

Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
Hooray! Since it's such a critical thing in your household, please don't uninstall it again :)

Now, are the websites still gibberish?

Gallorg

iHF Regular
Actually the websites are behaving themselves, The pc for some reason still wont remember usernames & passwords after a restart!!!

DCiAdmin

Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
Is the issue of usernames and passwords only in the browser and various web sites? Browser only? Somewhere that I haven't mentioned?

Malnutrition

Still Hungry
iHF Master Craftsman
I am unsure about the machine not remembering passwords... New one one me can you uninstall ccleaner and see if that helps...

DCiAdmin

Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
Is the issue of usernames and passwords only in the browser and various web sites? Browser only? Somewhere that I haven't mentioned?
Gallorg? Did you miss seeing my questions? btw, I really doubt that CCleaner has anything to do with the not remembering passwords. It's likely a setting we need to adjust in your IE.