• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

I just bought...

Cameldung

I Like It Here
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
I should have got something like that, instead of that Hotway four drive enclosure which never really worked the way I wanted it to...:(
Can you tell me what you weren't happy with the Hotway? I did notice there's no network connectivity mentioned in the specs, or in the pics, and do you know what file system is used for the drives, or are the drives simply formatted as per any external drive?

That's the lot for my 20 questions. FWIW i bought a 4bay qnap ts412 nas on Ebay for $200.00 which has turned out to be one of my better investments. It talks to my so called smart tvs and all my pcs and media players. 8tb of storage allows heaps of movies and music. The apps available are incredible. Im now hooked on qnap.

Last edited:

DCiAdmin

Always room to learn a bit more
Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
Tattoo.jpg

A tattoo of Nick's NAV signature and an outline of the wing design from the back of the tshirt done for his memorial.

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member

DCiAdmin

Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
Oh yes, and my largest most recent purchase was this

TDI1.jpg TDI2.jpg TDI3.png

DCiAdmin

Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
Rawtek from Canada. The mechanic said it was the best available. Of course, at the time, it was also the *only* available as there have been issues performing the DPF Deletes on Passats. The other manufacturer of similar exhaust pulled their work until they could get the delete performing as expected.