• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

Solved Got NEW ATT Modem Need to Re-Connect over WiFi

napy666

http://www.nataliezworld.com/
Okay my internet provider ATT sent me a new modem box, I connected my white cable, cable to it, and connected the power chord and thought I could connect to my WiFi with these two cables only. BUT ATT informed me over the phone that I would NOT be able to connect to the internet this way and needed an Ethernet cable, or the DSL cable etc. The "other" cables which I did not own. So I bought the blue Ethernet cable and connected it to the new box and then could not connect it to my laptop because my current HP laptop Pacilion DV7-7020us DOES NOT have a Ethernet cable port. So then ATT tells me they will send me a tech guy to assist this week. But my question and concern here is, why didn't the white cable, cable work on the new box? It works when connected to the old box that way. No other wires needed. So what's up?

OLD BOX

37940932_10156505074324481_7118764278571597824_n.jpg

NEW Box

38050982_10156505074429481_3072445571483566080_n.jpg

See the white cable? Thats all that was needed with the old box to connect to WiFi. But yet the new box that method does not work?

Attachments

napy666

http://www.nataliezworld.com/
Change the wifi password on your HP, to match the password needed for the new modem.
How can I do that, when I don't know what my modem is even called on the WiFi connection? The instructions I got, asked me to go to a website, but yet I couldn't connect to the internet because again I could not get my new modem set up right. Good thing the ATT tech guy will come over and fix this!

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
The Wifi name and password is on the yellow label on the back of the modem.
It is under that bit she whited out @Lord Chance.

The SSID will already be there in the available wifi list, all she has to do as I said is put the password in and OK out of the dialogue.

Edited: deleted confusing instructions.

Last edited:

Lord Chance

iHelpForum Jester & Door Greeter
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
It is under that bit she whited out @Lord Chance.

The SSID will already be there in the available wifi list, all she has to do as I said is put the password in and OK out of the dialogue.

Edited: deleted confusing instructions.
Aye Mate. I am an ATT customer. The SSID is on that label along with the password. What confuses me is how an intelligent young lady could miss that. :angel: