1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

Dismiss Notice

Fibre To The Node Is Gettin Closer...

Discussion in 'Tech Lounge' started by Arctos, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Arctos

Arctos Beware of the Bear... iHF Veteran Advisor WCG Team Member

Your right, I blame the electorate two elections getting brainwashed about the ALP's version being the most expensive way of doing it.

I was all geared up for the FTTH which was their prefered option, the carp pos vdsl modem from Optus is not worth a cracker.

The friends of mine in Minyama have been connected I believe, he said they were planting a cabinet early in the year in his street.

Any news from Bli Bli where you are?

2. Arctos

3. Pancake

Pancake To Protect and Serve Moderator iHF Master Craftsman Security Advisor

Some in Bli Bli have it. Its in Buderim area and Marochydore , Nambour and Sippy Downs. We, Diddillibah, are supposed to get it next year but not holding my breath. Funny thing is, is that the cable runs past us on David Low Way.

4. Arctos

I was in the local Optus shop in Geraldton, and talking to one of the staff and mentioned that my land line phone has not been working all of the timesince installation of the NBN last January 2016.

He tried to ring and got the engaged signal, he then gave me 1800 number with a express code to enter, this gets you quicker service than the 13xxxx number.

I did this when I got home the other day, on hold for a minute and after explaining the problem, and him giving the number a ring. He then proceeded to bang around on his keyboard and after a couple of minutes the phone rang.

Works perfectly, phone in phone out.

DCiAdmin and Lord Chance like this.
  5. Lord Chance

Lord Chance iHelpForum Jester & Door Greeter iHF Veteran Advisor WCG Team Member

Sounds like you hit the mother lode on that one. :mrgreen:

6. Arctos

Yes, it's more than I got from the Optus shop in Bundy miserable bunch of bustards here.

The Indian feller spoke better Australian than I do, which makes a change from the usual Indian tech support.

7. Lord Chance

Lord Chance iHelpForum Jester & Door Greeter iHF Veteran Advisor WCG Team Member

Regardless of past experiences, I try to remember that there are people out there who truly care about helping a customer. That is why I try to be nice to Tech Support Reps until they say something stupid like, " Are you sure it's not your phone because our lines seem to be working." or " Have you checked with your neighbors to see if their phones are working?". Then I just lose it. :meh:

DCiAdmin likes this.
  8. Arctos

I have lost it once ot twice with the Optus so called tech help reps. I said to one of them I have a large Logitech mouse which I am about throw at a 32" monitor if I did not get someone that knew what they were doing.

I finally got help when a Telstra tech pulled up outside and fixed my phone line that had been partially cut through, as if changing your password and rebooting the modem / router will fix. Plurry flap wits. :meh:

DCiAdmin likes this.
  9. Arctos

I got a letter in the mail from Optus while I was away, saying that on the 07.05.2017 I will be put on a unlimited download quota plan for the same price and speed.

Not that I will ever use a unlimited quota, as I only use about 100 gigs a month now but it's nice to know that I have it available now we have Netflix.

DCiAdmin likes this.