• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

Fibre To The Node Is Gettin Closer...

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
I found this pix on the NBN thread at Whirlpool regarding Bundaberg FTTN.

On of two fibre to the node boxes that have been spotted near me, this one is in the Nurses Memorial Park not to far away for all of the medical business in the general area of the base hospital.

Another one is three two blocks down across from Officeworks, so their free wifi in shop will extra fast.

Across the street from Officeworks.

Last edited:

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Took a detour to post a birthday card when I went for my quarterly blood tests, at the private hospital precinct just down the road from my place.

A NBN Cabinet has been placed on the corner of Crofton and Branyan Streets two block away, so it looks like we should have the NBN fibre connected by the new year (middle of December it's supposed to be).

Pancake

To Protect and Serve
iHF Master Craftsman
Security Advisor
We are in the Fixed Wireless foot print but they wont let us have it because they say our complex are listed for FFTN. Another 2 years.

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Bundaberg is in one of the FTTN regional test areas.

I would have thought that the Sunshine Coast would be up and running sooner than us though.

Edit:

Where I live is in the yellow area, so in theory we should get 40 - 50Mbps which is lot faster than what we are getting at the moment.

Put your address here for the map of your area.

http://www.mynbn.info/

Last edited:

Pancake

To Protect and Serve
iHF Master Craftsman
Security Advisor
Estimated completion time (according to the shire council) for all the Sunshine Coast, 2021.

Pancake

To Protect and Serve
iHF Master Craftsman
Security Advisor
We are on the Waterfront complex, well inside the wireless foot print

Image1.jpg

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Australia has got bucklies of getting those type of speeds, I mentioned the max speed I will get before 40 - 50Mbps.

The @###@#%^^#@ half baked idea the LNP govenment put in when they got voted in to power last election, already has got speed limitations using the old telco's copper in the last bit to the home, instead of fibre coming inside to a connection box

I have seen Trackson working on the cabinet around the street and they reckon the first week in December 2015 we will have the "NBN".

This what I am getting on the cräp copper that have many joiners down in the service pit out the front (It has been buggared since the floods in 2013). It does stream movies from Fetch TV ok though.

Pancake

To Protect and Serve
iHF Master Craftsman
Security Advisor
What we need is a Communications Minister who knows how to use a bl**dy computer. That might open his eyes to what we have to put up with..

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
What we need is a Communications Minister who knows how to use a bl**dy computer. That might open his eyes to what we have to put up with..
The new prime minister and ex comms minister Malcolm Turnbull, owned the ISP OzEmail till he flogged it off to iiNet.

He should have a bit more brain than the rest of his cabinet and comms Minister technology wise....

Crush

I am admin, ruler of my domain
Administrator
iHF Master Craftsman
The @###@#%^^#@ half baked idea the LNP govenment put in when they got voted in to power last election, already has got speed limitations using the old telco's copper in the last bit to the home, instead of fibre coming inside to a connection box
I only have fiber to the pole

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Gotto live long enough to get broadband, pity they have to rip the old system down.
The NBN are taking over Telstra and Optus's cable network, you must be the only one one in NSW on those speeds as there is a fair bit of biatching about the congestion there at present.

Telstra are going to rip the copper up when every one here is connected to the NBN, I wish they would rip the sh!t out of the service pit copper out the front of my place and replace that.

Cameldung

I Like It Here
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
The NBN are taking over Telstra and Optus's cable network, you must be the only one one in NSW on those speeds as there is a fair bit of biatching about the congestion there at present.
Had optus cable for around 5 years maybe longer, always had those speeds. Of course you have to pay for their "speeddpack" and have a doscis 3 compatible modem. The upload sucks. Theres a lot of bitching about the cruddy modem optus are now supplying too, but my cisco one is great.

And yes there must be some awfully old copper out there?