• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

Fake News or Is It?

Lord Chance

iHelpForum Jester & Door Greeter
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
...and one I fully support, Bear!

I saw an interesting idea about threading optical fiber along the border. The sensitivity of the fiber would alert border watchers to illicit crossings and due to the sensitivity could indicate man, beast or vehicle by the mass it presented. More flexible to the terrain, less expensive for the tax payers and more palatable for those with my mindset.

I doubt this is the original article I saw, but it serves the same purpose - https://www.businessinsider.com/fiber-optic-sensing-technology-vs-border-wall-2019-2
While the technology is interesting the idea was never meant to be used on such a large scale. The original idea was to use it for military base security. Placing strands at preset intervals around a base in a hostile setting will help to pinpoint intrusion and help with weapons ranging. The weakness is that the fiber optics needs something to boost the signal after a distance. Damaging a repeater leaves a big hole in the coverage. It would be a constant battle to maintain the system which would drive the price up. You could never truly hide the repeaters. You would have to harden them somehow. Power and maintenance is the true cost of the fiber optics system. :)

Lord Chance

iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Out of the mouths of babes:

Caught having sex by our daughter, we calmly said that we were making her a brother.

She said do it doggy style as I want a puppy.
:eek::roflmao:

Careful with those Mate. I like to sip my whiskey without swallowing my shot glass. :lol:

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
McDonald's have just introduced a "Big Mac and lentil Cheese and Pickle Burger", it's for vegans.

I wonder how the McDonald's worker that was on the original Hengis's PCHF is, he offered up all sorts of interesting info about the company, but I had him stuffed about the teflon paint that they put on the ceilings to stop the pickle from sticking to it in our local store.

Lord Chance

iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
McDonald's have just introduced a "Big Mac and lentil Cheese and Pickle Burger", it's for vegans.

I wonder how the McDonald's worker that was on the original Hengis's PCHF is, he offered up all sorts of interesting info about the company, but I had him stuffed about the teflon paint that they put on the ceilings to stop the pickle from sticking to it in our local store.
Maybe McDonald should paint the floor with teflon paint Arctos. Last time I worked on the computers of our local franchise the floor was so sticky I could hardly keep my shoes on. :lol:

That burger would not be a true vegan burger. Do you know how much meat is in ketchup? I've been thru a processing plant.
:wtf::lol: