• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

Fake News or Is It?

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member

Lord Chance

iHelpForum Jester & Door Greeter
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member

DCiAdmin

Always room to learn a bit more
Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
Wish we had a WOW icon rather than a Like :)

Lord Chance

iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Wish we had a WOW icon rather than a Like :)
I almost didn't post that one M'Lady but when major news sites post idiotic headlines like that I feel compelled to point out how stupid the media is becoming. :facepalm:

Idiotic: (Adjective) Incongruous; inviting ridicule

Lord Chance

iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
I hear "El Chapo" suggested that all of the product he exported to the US went through normal border control points of entry.

Nice one...
I'm sure it did Mate. It was just well hidden I suspect. There is an old saying, "A lie is more believable if there is a bit of truth mixed in." :)

DCiAdmin

Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
I would guess that many of the probelms that are reported to be resolved by a Wall, are not issues with illegal border crossings. Entry through legal ports with illegal drugs, overstayed visas - those are the issues that need resolving

Lord Chance

iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member

Lord Chance

iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
If the pOtUs want's a wall so badly why doesn't he pay for it out of his own pocket.

That's a fairer deal to the US taxpayers.
I agree my Friend. The "Wall" is a boondoggle and will never be effective. I have my own thoughts about the solution of people coming into this country properly or improperly as it were. I understand why most come here but also that as a tax payer, I can't afford to feed and clothe them all. The riches of the U.S. comes out of the taxes I and others pay. The liberal mindset doesn't understand that the money they want to give away isn't theirs to handout. The building of a wall will be a short time benefit and is a short sighted solution just like all ideas thought up by politicians. :facepalm:

DCiAdmin

Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
...and one I fully support, Bear!

I saw an interesting idea about threading optical fiber along the border. The sensitivity of the fiber would alert border watchers to illicit crossings and due to the sensitivity could indicate man, beast or vehicle by the mass it presented. More flexible to the terrain, less expensive for the tax payers and more palatable for those with my mindset.

I doubt this is the original article I saw, but it serves the same purpose - https://www.businessinsider.com/fiber-optic-sensing-technology-vs-border-wall-2019-2