• Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

External HD issue

Gallorg

iHF Regular
hi ape,
not sure whats happening but i tried booting back into Knnopix from the dvd i burned but it just goes in to windows as normal

Any suggestions.

I might have to go back into hospital later

Gallorg

iHF Regular
ok after i press f12, a blue screen appears with a list of drives, and highlight the one you want, i cant see any thing about modifying

Gallorg

iHF Regular
right the only options i have is DEL & F12
DEL - talks about windows boot manager & asks me what operating system i want to choose but only windows 7 shows up
at the the bottom the screen theres a tool called windows memory diagnostic

Any other ideas??

Gallorg

iHF Regular
Ok not sure what I did but managed to get knopppix running but I can't see this - symbol at the bottom. Ism on my iPad don't want lose knopppix again

Gallorg

iHF Regular
Ok I got a little box now VGA-1 on it and 4 symbols above one is a Green tick the other is paper with a star in the corner am in the right place as I can't see where I'm suppose to type

Gallorg

iHF Regular
Just having another which looks like monitor but it's called a terminal emulator, when I clicked on it a screen like cmd appears