• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

Dipstick Problem

DCiAdmin

Always room to learn a bit more
Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
Herself wants to know how to keep the dipstick clean.

She said every time time she pulls it out it's covered in oil, and she has to wipe it clean before she can use it.
I've fixed this same issue 3 times. Just stop putting oil in the vehicle. Sooner or later all of that nasty dirty stuff will be gone and the dipstick will be clean. I'm just not sure why my cars often quit running shortly after the dipstick has cleaned up. :whistle:

Cameldung

I Like It Here
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
I've fixed this same issue 3 times. Just stop putting oil in the vehicle. Sooner or later all of that nasty dirty stuff will be gone and the dipstick will be clean. I'm just not sure why my cars often quit running shortly after the dipstick has cleaned up. :whistle:
Yes, and another way is to cut the bottom 6 inches off it, have you noticed the top never gets dirty?

LoneWolf_53

Cap'n Crunch
iHF Master Craftsman
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Huh? I thought you said you divorced the dipstick? :D

DCiAdmin

Always room to learn a bit more
Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
Huh? I thought you said you divorced the dipstick? :D
I did, but honestly thinking back now, I think Cameldung's suggestion of cutting the bottom 6 inches off would have fixed the trouble too ;)