• Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

Solved Clear CMOS procedure...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeepmann4x4

I just purchased this computer second hand. (From a Computer shop) If you had been following my posts (on the other forum and this one) you would know that my other computer died. This one came from a business. and is a business machine and they had a password for the BIOS.
I don't need to follow your other post(s).....Sucks that your other computer died but that does not apply to my Question.
If you bought this from a "shop" then go to that shop and get the password or have them replace the computer with one that is not BIOS locked. If they received this computer from a company that BIOS locked it then they should get the password from that company.
That password is there for a reason unknown to us, for all I know is this computer is stolen! I'm not pointing fingers at all but that is the truth to it. You my have been sold a STOLEN computer!

How would you like it, if your computer, with your personal data, was stolen and some unknown Member of a Forum helped crack your password?

Presiding Cat

I would suggest flashing BIOS at this point if you can at this point. Unless someone here has more ideals. Are there any other jumpers on the motherboard besides CMOS? Just curious..
The motherboard just has the CMOS jumper John... There are things that I am supposed to do now in Via the Setup Utility program... And am looking to find out how to do that...

With the jumper set to 2 and 3 it did not post, but after I reset the jumper it posted, And it posts now It just will not boot into the operating system until I find out what I need to do.

Presiding Cat

I don't need to follow your other post(s).....Sucks that your other computer died but that does not apply to my Question.
If you bought this from a "shop" then go to that shop and get the password or have them replace the computer with one that is not BIOS locked. If they received this computer from a company that BIOS locked it then they should get the password from that company.
That password is there for a reason unknown to us, for all I know is this computer is stolen! I'm not pointing fingers at all but that is the truth to it. You my have been sold a STOLEN computer!

How would you like it, if your computer, with your personal data, was stolen and some unknown Member of a Forum helped crack your password?
How you see this is not my problem... The information that has been provided here is available Via the net... I have Some of it on my other computer now... It just makes it easier and faster with help from others... Yes I know that I can take it back to the shop and get them to do that... (It came with a three month warranty) But then I would not learn what I want to learn... And as to whether or not it was or is stolen is my problem... I would not buy a stolen computer... There is more than one reputable computer store in this area that sells these kind of computers regularly. If they were stolen... They would not be around for as long as they have been...

Presiding Cat

Thank you to all who have contributed to this thread... Your assistance was appreciated. :mrgreen:

Last edited:

Presiding Cat

There is a lot of good information in the manuals of quality computers... It just takes a long time to go through them, and find what one is looking for...
The password is gone. :) I have at least two other (unrelated) issues to address,... That I will post in another forum... Tomorrow as it is late here and time for some shut eye. :zzz:

Status
Not open for further replies.