1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

Dismiss Notice

Chrome Black Frame Glitch

Discussion in 'Tech Lounge' started by Arctos, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Arctos

Arctos Beware of the Bear... iHF Veteran Advisor WCG Team Member

Over the last few days Chrome has been putting a black frame around search boxex, drop downs etc after an update.

It was bad in Gmail with whole panels going black, another forum I am a member of which runs bespoke forum software was hit bad. Every time you opened a thread the page used to be like a Venetian blind opening and shutting.

Pleased to report that the latest Chrome Version 59.0.3071.104 (Official Build) (64-bit) has fixed the problem.

DCiAdmin likes this.
  2. Lord Chance

Lord Chance iHelpForum Jester & Door Greeter iHF Veteran Advisor WCG Team Member

They get something that runs well then they break it. Programmers, go figure. :caution::rolleyes:

Arctos likes this.
  3. Arctos

It was plurry annoying while it was doing it.

I was even considering using Edge, but cannot find it after getting rid of the shortcut from the Start menu. :meh:

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
  4. Lord Chance

Lord Chance iHelpForum Jester & Door Greeter iHF Veteran Advisor WCG Team Member

I keep two or three browsers loaded just in case the main one glitches. Opera is a fair backup.

5. Arctos

I used to like Opera when it was shareware and was my first taste of tabbed browsing before Firefox came out, but now it's free I have gone off it as it tries to put to many functions into.

It's a bit like Netscape Navigator used to be in the early days with all the bits and pieces that came with that.

6. Lord Chance

Give Opera another looksee Mate. With the builtin ad blocker it is fast. :)

7. Arctos

I will have a look at it and give it a another try.