• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

Cell Phone - SMS Backup+

Cell Phone - SMS Backup+ 2015-08-30

DCiAdmin

Always room to learn a bit more
Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
DCiAdmin submitted a new resource:

Cell Phone - SMS Backup+ - Backup text messages, and call logs to Gmail

Do you need to retain text messages long term? Ever wanted to go back and reread those "special" messages? Most Androids are setup to only retain 200 messages at a time. Don't waste valuable phone space by expanding the text storage. Enable SMS Backup+ and get a backup of all text messages and phone logs in your Gmail account.

Configuration is easy. Set your Connect to your Gmail account. Go with the default backup settings or create your own schedule. Once the backup starts, Call logs and...
Read more about this resource...

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
@DCiAdmin: Just has a email from Google regarding SMS Backup+ to my account.

Hi,

Although you don’t need to do anything, we wanted to let you know that the following apps may no longer be able to access some data in your Google Account, including your Gmail content. If these apps are unable to meet the deadline to comply with our updated data policy requirements, they'll lose access to your Account starting July 15th, 2019.

SMS Backup+

We are making this change as part of ongoing efforts to make sure your data is protected and private.

You can always view, manage and remove apps you’ve given access to your account by visiting your Google Account.

Thanks,
The Google Accounts team

DCiAdmin

Always room to learn a bit more
Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
Interesting, Bear. Thank you! I haven't received that notice yet. Or maybe I just disregarded it if I did.

Lord Chance

iHelpForum Jester & Door Greeter
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
I just upgraded my flip phone to a Motorola Moto E5 Play with the android OS and there is a sync feature that will sync your phone data to your Google Drive account. Not sure I would want to. I prefer to sync my phone to my own server. Call me paranoid but I don't trust Google or anyone else with my data.:caution:

Lord Chance

iHelpForum Jester & Door Greeter
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
I am up to my ears in the Google eco system, and most of my stuff is in the cloud. They will not be to get to much info out of my text messages though.
I never put any personal stuff out there but on two occasions I had music and files I personally own on a couple of cloud servers which will remain nameless (do you hear me One Drive and DropBox. :caution:) that said my files were being shared which goes against their TOS so they deleted them. Had they taken time to look at their logs they would find that I was the only one accessing them. No one else should have access. Twice bitten so I don't plan to give Google a third shot.