• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

All Things Tasty - Food & Recipes...

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
I have mentioned before that I was diagnosed as T2 diabetic when I was in hospital four years ago. Since then nearly two years ago I was put on Metformin to help control the diabetes.

One of the main things I had to give up was heavy amounts of carbohydrates, which are bread, pasta, rice and anything with pastry. Doing thi s has got my blood glucose (hba1c) down from 59.56 mmol/mol to 35.52 mmol/mol or 7.6% to 5.4% in the old scale.

I have watched several programs called "Trust Me I Am A Doctor", where they showed that cooking pasta and letting it go cold, then reheating it the next day cuts the carbs by a large amount. This principle applied to rice as well, but it does not work for me as I still spike alot on it.

The humble potatoe, was easier to manage as we get Spud Lites which are low carb so I am on winner here.

Now bread is my downfall, as I used to eat around ten slices a day, I took to eating low carb wraps but could not eat more than one for some reason.

I was poking around on another forum, and I see mention of Herman Brot Low Carb bread. I sourced the availability of it here in Bundaberg anda local health food store sells it. So going to grab a couple of loaves and see how I go with it next week when we go shopping.

Here's a couple of pix of the nutrition panel and the bread packet, when we get it I will take a pix a post of a couple of slices in here.

Last edited:

DCiAdmin

Always room to learn a bit more
Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
How goes it with the low carb bread, Bear? That would be a challenge for me as well. Granted, I'm eating more sandwiches without bread or using only 1 slice instead of 2, but durn... Some things just aren't meant for change :)

Hope the new bread is tasty as well as healthy.

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
How goes it with the low carb bread, Bear? That would be a challenge for me as well. Granted, I'm eating more sandwiches without bread or using only 1 slice instead of 2, but durn... Some things just aren't meant for change :)

Hope the new bread is tasty as well as healthy.
We will get it tomorrow after I go to the podiatrist, as the store is close to there.