• Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

2016 re-build

Belahzur

Freedom Fighter
Security Advisor
iHF Regular
So it's that time of year, I splashed some more cash on my current existing build, took it all out, re-built it with better cable management while keeping all the parts the same.

So what's changed in my build since my pictures last year? I stripped out the EVGA PSU cables and went with black/red custom braided PSU cables from CableMod.

I took out all the default fans that Corsair ship with this case, and have Corsairs own, more expensive premium AF and SP fans.

My NZXT LED Red lights have been re-mounted around the edge of the case, much tidier now.

I took off the CPU waterblack, it's the Corsair H100I GTX A-I-O Watercooler, comes pre-applied with Corsairs own thermal paste, which I've removed and re-applied a fresh dot of Arctic Silver 5 paste, which gave me a small drop in temps, idling at a cool 30c and 58-62 under load.

Overall, a much cleaner look and better airflow, the CableMod cables flex much easier as each cable on the connector has it's own sleeving, resulting in less chunky, more flexible cables, giving me a much easier time routing all those cables through 1 gromit at the bottom, and there's a lot of cables there.
  • 1 24-pin ATX motherboard
  • Standard CPU cable
  • Standard GPU cable
  • 2 Sata cables
  • 1 perf molex connector
I have 1 Samsung 840 SSD and 1 Samsung M.2 SSD, so without any drive cages (hence why you see a grilled floor in the bottom) I have 2 140mm AF fans bringing in clean cool air, and I'm exhausting through 1 rear 140mm AF fan, and 2 120mm SP fans mounted on a 240mm radiator, overall keeping things super cool in my build.....All this being powered by an overkill EVGA 850w Gold G2 PSU.

Lastly, I've moved out to a bigger room, with a new desk and second monitor.

Here's my new desk, it's the Ikea Malm desk in black, with the Corsair extended mousemat, Corsair K70 RBG Cherry MX Red keyboard. My monitor is my primary Asus ROG Gladius mouse and my Asus VG248QE 144hz 1ms response monitor, and secondary LG Flatron E2242C 60hz monitor, and Corsair Vengence 1500 7.1 Headset sat on top of the case.

My chair is the Vertagear SL4000 Racing chair in black/red combo to match my black/red theme of the ROG.

Overall, I can't think how much money has gone into this setup here, but it's an awesome battlestation.

Belahzur

Freedom Fighter
Security Advisor
iHF Regular

Belahzur

Freedom Fighter
Security Advisor
iHF Regular
Small update, moving away from the gaming rig itself, I'm slowly working on adding some personality to the room, so I've bought a few posted to add to what was a blank green wall.

Belahzur

Freedom Fighter
Security Advisor
iHF Regular
It is, yes, just a shame it's not RBG :p

Belahzur

Freedom Fighter
Security Advisor
iHF Regular
That isn't a UK fitting, can't use it :p UK uses something like this, the 2 little prongs is how it locks in.

Belahzur

Freedom Fighter
Security Advisor
iHF Regular
Now with even more LED's, added an LED RBG strip to the back of the desk, looks awesome at night!

Belahzur

Freedom Fighter
Security Advisor
iHF Regular
So it's been a long year of building the perfect gamers setup, but I think I've finally done it.

This is how my room used to be, corner of random carp, bad cable management and not much going on.

Now to this, my PC is now completely wireless (heh we wish right?), cable management skills are top dollar, corner of carp is gone, things are clean and much more presentable.

How am I doing? :D

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Clean up your empties :eek::roflmao:
There full...gotta have a good supply.
Good supply be büggered, that only a day's drinking mate another couple of cartons and you'll be right. Get a fridge as you cannot drink hot beer.:D

Does look a lot neater though...