To allow our Techs to help you more quickly, and proivde better assistance, we need to collect some logs from your computer. To do this, please follow the instructions below.Step 1: Running MiniToolBox
- First of all, please download MiniToolBox.
- This will download a file named MiniToolBox.exe. Right click this and select Run as administrator (you may be asked for permission for the program to be run. If so, click Yes).
- Then, check the following boxes:
- Flush DNS
- Report IE Proxy Settings
- Reset IE Proxy Settings
- Report FF Proxy Settings
- Reset FF Proxy Settings
- List content of Hosts
- List IP Configuration
- List Winsock Entries
- List Installed Programs
- List Users, Partitions and Memory Size
- Once you have checked the required boxes, click Run and allow the program to run.
- After the program has finished, a log named Result.txt will be opened. Copy and paste this log into your topic.
Next we need you to run our Wireless Test. To do so, please follow these instructions.
- First of all, please download the Wireless Test to your Desktop.
- This will download a program called wireless.exe. Right click this program and select Run as administrator. Again, if you are asked for permission, click Yes.
- Click Ok to begin the test, and then Ok again. This will start the scan.
- Once the scan is complete, a file called reg.txt will open. Please attach this file to your post
Finally, there is some extra information we need that is useful when we are diagnosing your issue. Could you please provide us with:
- The make and model of your computer
- And the type of network connection you are using; is it wired or wireless?
If you have any problems running either of these two tools, or do not know some of the information needed, simply open up a topic anyway and we will be more than happy to guide you through it!