Windows 10 introduced many new features and with the new features came new keyboard shortcuts. Keyboard shortcuts are a useful feature that allow you to perform useful actions with just a few key presses; some of the newer and more useful keyboard shortcuts are listed below.
- Operating System:
- Windows 10
These are just a small selection of the keyboard shortcuts available for you to use. Thankfully, Microsoft has created a handy document that lists all of the keyboard shortcuts and their actions - you can download this here.
- Windows key - Opens the Start menu
- Windows key + A - Opens the Action Centre
- Windows key + C - Opens Cortana, which will be listening for your command
- Windows key + Tab - Opens up Task View (this let's you see the different apps and desktops you have open)
- Windows key + Ctrl + D - Create a new virtual desktop
- Windows key + Ctrl + F4 - Close the current desktop
- Windows key + L - Lock the computer
- Window key + D - Show the current desktop (minimises all windows)
- Alt + PrtScn - Take a snapshot of the current window
Some of the other programs you use may also have some useful shortcuts, and it is always worth checking a program's documentation to see if this is the case. For example, many web browsers have the following shortcuts available:
- Ctrl + T - Open a new tab
- Ctrl + Tab - Cycle through open tabs
- Ctrl + D - Bookmark the current page
iHelpForum - Providers of Quality Advice
iHelpForum is a friendly, professional, FREE help community. We help with any kind of problem, be it a misbehaving computer or automotive issues.
Useful Windows 10 Shortcuts 2015-12-28
Take a look at some of the new and more useful keyboard shortcuts